Welcome to the Administrators Corner. My name is Tim Boyle, principal of Frances C. Richmond Middle School (RMS). Each Friday I will use this space to keep you updated on important events and topics from our school. This "Richmond Friday Focus" will supplement my twitter feed (in the column to the right), where I will post events important to our community. You will also find Anissa Morrison's, Associate Principal, twitter feed. We welcome any and all feedback.
I hope you find all of this information helpful, informative and fun.
- May 23 - 7 pm - RMS Choral Concert
- May 23 - 7 pm - Dresden School Board
- May 25 - 7 pm - RMS Orchestra Concert
- May 26 - 8th Grade formal (sponsored by HHS)
- May 29 - Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
- June 2 - Spring Talent show
- June 6 - 7 pm - RMS Band Concert
- June 9 - HHS Graduation and Colors Day
- June 15 - 8th grade celebration at Storrs Pond
- June 15 - 7th grade field trip to Silver Lake
- June 16 - Last day for students
Dear RMS Family:
A Fabulous Friday to all! As is seemingly the standard lately, the Friday Focus will be somewhat short on narrative and long on quick information. We hope to return to a slightly slower pace of life and school in the near future, complete with more time with the great RMS community.
Some quick information from this week:
- Habitat for Humanity sent a heartfelt thank you to Mr. Harriman and his woodworking classes, who donated their completed shed to the most recent house completed by this wonderful organization. We are so proud that our program is building skills and civic engagement at the same time. Thank you to all who helped make this happen!
- 7th grade creativity and science on display this week. Our seventh grade has been working on creative ways to showcase climate change. Aided by Sara Ellis from Art, student have created and presented numerous water color representations of scientific data related to climate change. Taking the assignment a bit further, one of our students performed for Ms. Frederick’s class the piece of music he had written for his cello on the theme of climate change. Every day is full of awe and appreciation!
- The RMS Quiz Bowl Tournament Team Geese are home!
The 2022-23 QBTT recently returned from competing at the 2023 MSNCT in Chicago, Illinois, following a three (3) year absence due to Covid. It was fantastic to be back and playing in person with our many friends & teams from schools across the nation. This event tested the QBTTs knowledge of history, science, literature, math, fine arts, social sciences, pop culture and more. Imagine giving your answer in under 2 and 5 seconds! B The RMS QBTT demonstrated an extraordinary level of camaraderie, tenacity and sportsmanship, exceeded all goals and expectations, and set a very high bar for tournament play in every match. Huzzah!
Congratulations to all students! Coach Lovejoy Team Rankings out of 160 teams: Richmond- 49th place W-5 L-5
Captain: Rohan Novosad-8th grade- 3rd year, Kastner Anderson -7th grade- 1st year, Nelson Barabas- 8th grade- 3rd year, Abby Doubleday- 8th grade-2nd year, Guillem Elizalde -8th grade- 1st year.
- News from the Library!
Return Library Books: All library books are due back Friday May 26th. Please ask your student if they have any books they need to return.
Check out New Books: Students who are returning to RMS next year and have returned all their library books may begin checking books out for the entire summer starting Tuesday May 30th.
Summer Library Hours: The library will be open on Tuesdays this summer for book checkout and activities. All current RMS students are welcome (including those heading to high school), as well as students who will be entering RMS next year. More details to follow.
24/7 Access to Audiobooks and eBooks: Every RMS student has access to Sora, a collection of eBooks and audiobooks. These can be accessed on a computer through the library website: https://rms.sau70.org/
This time of year (replete with graduations and transitions) reminds us that time moves faster than we realize. Please continue to enjoy every day as we strive to stay well, be safe, and take care of each other.