Our Mission and Expectations
THE MISSION OF THE RICHMOND MIDDLE SCHOOL
RMS strives to be an inclusive, respectful, supportive, and affirming environment for all of our community members. We maintain that schools are safe only when all constituents in the building know (and believe) that hateful behavior toward any group is incompatible with our values, will not be tolerated, and will be addressed. Through our commitment to equity, we all become stronger.
Our further mission is to inspire students to build the skills and compassion necessary to succeed in a complex world and, as they move toward greater independence, empower them to examine the impact their actions have on themselves, others, and the environment.
For this school community to thrive, teachers, staff, parents, and students will work together to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways
- Think critically and creatively to identify and solve a range of problems
- Contribute positively to the classroom, school, and broader community by:
- Participating in decision making
- Valuing diversity
- Taking responsibility for their own actions
- Resolving conflicts peacefully